- What type of steel does Angry Hornet LLC use for the AR500 steel gong targets?
We use only top quality, certified AR500 steel. Each steel sheet is tested to confirm minimum AR500 standards. Our steel is bead blasted and oiled to remove mill scale, providing you with the cleanest shooting surface right out of the package.
- How are Angry Hornet gongs cut?
Our AR500 steel targets are cut using a state of the art CNC Laser for a precision cut, high quality finished product. Don’t settle for anything less than LASER CUT!
- What size AR500 steel gong targets does Angry Hornet offer?
We offer 4”, 6”, 8”, 10”, and 12” AR500 steel targets in both 3/8” and 1/2” thicknesses. We currently offer 2 hole and 3 hole gongs in each size. Each mounting hole is 9/16” in diameter to allow for thick mounting bolts. We also stock IDPA targets at approximately 2/3 scale.
- What type of payment does Angry Hornet accept?
We currently accept PayPal and credit card payments.
- How much does Angry Hornet charge for shipping?
All USA orders $100 and over ship free. All other USA orders have a $5.00 flat rate shipping charge.
Canadian shipping rates start at $45 per 20 lbs, via USPS International Flat Rate Shipping.
- How fast will Angry Hornet ship my order?
We ship orders one business day after the order is received and paid for by 5:00 PM EST. In many instances, we ship orders out the same day they are received.
- How will Angry Hornet ship my order?
We currently use USPS Flat Rate Shipping for all orders.
- Where does Angry Hornet ship to?
We currently offer shipping to the United States, including Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands,. We also ship to Canada.
- Does Angry Hornet accept returns?
Yes! If you are not 100% satisfied with your new targets(s), contact us within 14 days of receiving your order to request a full refund. Your refund will be given once we receive the new targets(s) in UNUSED condition.
- What are some tips to maximize the life of my Angry Hornet AR500 steel gong?
- Always keep bullet point of impact speed under 3,000 fps.
- Never use steel core, steel shot, or armor piercing ammunition.
- Maintain a minimum shooting distance of 10 yards for most pistols and 100 yards for most rifles to achieve the correct point of impact bullet speed.
- Always allow target gongs to swing freely and mount on a 20 degree downward angle, especially for rifle use.
- Flip the gong from time to time to utilize both sides evenly.
- Visually inspect each target with each new type of ammunition used, and with each new shooting distance.
- Adjust ammunition type and shooting distance as necessary in order to maintain target integrity.